The term "Alpha Male" comes to mind when Tony begins to describe one of Retrofit's rising stars, Jason Tafoya. Tony said he knew it the first day he worked in the yard with Jason. Tony was operating the crane while Jason was working with three other employees, and even though Jason was the new guy, he took control of the crew and everyone just stepped in line and followed his lead.
Tony remembers it being fun to watch! Jason continues to prove himself, and there is no doubt in Tony's mind that he will be running jobs in no time. Jason has a rare leadership gene; he can't just stand by and watch. He has to be involved and is a quick study!
Retrofit's policy is to promote employees based on performance, not tenure. This allows guys like Jason to speed up the ranks, just like in sports. Everyone works together to win, and those that excel get promoted!
Retrofit Family Since 2017
1. Before working at Retrofit, what was your most interesting job?
Custom Car Builder.
2. What do you find most challenging about Retrofit?
Trying to be better than Tony.
3. What is something on your bucket list?
Spend the night in a castle.
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
5. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
6. Do you have a personal mantra or motto?
Right tool for the right job.
RETURN TO NEWSROOM